Sunday, April 30, 2006

Sri Guru Stotram

गुरुर्ब्रह्माः गुरुर्विष्णु: गुरुर्देवो महेश्वरः ।
गुरुः साक्षात् परं ब्रह्म तस्मै श्रीगुरवे नमः ।। (UTF-8 setting required for sanskrit/devanagari script)

Gurur Brahma Gurur Vishnu Gurur Devo Maheshwarah
Guruh sakshat (also gurureva) Para Brahma
Tasmai Shree Gurave Namah

The Guru is none other than the creator, Lord Brahma (who creates the qualities of a good student and seeker in me),
he verily is Lord Vishnu, the preserver (who guides me as father and mother, holding my hand life after life),
and he is truly Maheshwara, the destroyer (who destroys my ego, my rajasic and tamasic attributes).
He is the supreme Brahman himself.
To such a Guru I offer my salutations.

1 Comments:

Blogger Abhay Karnataki said...

very nice.
keep posting more sanskrit verses both in devanagari script and in their meaning in english

10:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home